If you’re looking for more information on something, chances are that you’ll look it up on Youtube. It’s funny how quickly this video platform quickly turned into a search engine, with a user base of close to one-third of the Internet! It’s become a discovery platform, with close to 90% of people saying that they find new brands on YouTube.
What we’re saying is, not having a YouTube channel at this point seems like a lost opportunity. And the process to make your own channel is free and easy! So don’t worry! We’ll take you through the process of creating a channel one step at a time.
Sign in to YouTube with your Google account. If you don’t have one, might be a good time to get one and then come back to this step.
When you log into YouTube, make sure you’re logged into the account you want to use to create the channel. Some people can have multiple google accounts, so confirm the account you want to use, then do the following:
- Click the user icon on the top right corner
- From the dropdown menu, click Settings
- You’ll be taken to your account profile. Here, select Add or Manage your channel
- It’ll show you all the channels that you currently have, or will prompt you to make a new one
- Click the icon for Create a new channel
- Pick a name, and you have officially started your channel!
Now it’s time to optimize your channel. This is just a fancy way of saying it’s time to personalize your channel for your needs. When you select the Customize Channel option, you’ll be given these options:
- Channel icon – This option is one of the key identifiers of your channel, so if you’re making this for a brand, we recommend sticking with the logo to it’s easily recognizable for YouTube users
- Channel art – It’s your chance to make an impression on the people visiting your channel. Use this space wisely to create a brand identity, or promote upcoming content, or simply to highlight your other social media channels
It’s time for the final step! Click the About button and fill out the channel’s Description, Location, Email, and Links to your other social media platforms. This information should be readily available for people to get in touch with you and learn more about your brand
And you’re all done, you’ve officially started your channel! It can seem intimidating to start a YouTube channel of your own, but it doesn’t have to be. Videos have proven their return on investment multiple times over, and they’re a natural fit in any marketing or branding strategy. So when you’re ready to start creating content, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!