If you’re looking for more information on something, chances are that you’ll look it up on Youtube. This video platform quickly turned into a search engine with a user base of close to one-third of the Internet! Additionally, YouTube is a discovery platform, since 90% of people saying that they find new brands on YouTube. So, in other words, not having a YouTube channel for your brand seems like a lost opportunity. We’ll take you through how to start a YouTube channel one step at a time.
Sign in to YouTube with your Google account. However, if you don’t have a YouTube or Google account, it’s a good time to get one and then come back to this step.
Log into YouTube with the account you want to use to create the channel. Keep in mind that some people can have multiple google accounts, so confirm the account you want to use, then do the following:
- Click the user icon on the top right corner
- From the dropdown menu, click Settings
- Now you’re in your account profile. Here, select Add or Manage your channel
- It’ll show you all the channels that you currently have, or will prompt you to make a new one
- Click the icon for Create a new channel
- Pick a name, and you have officially started your channel!
Now it’s time to optimize your channel. This is just a fancy way of saying it’s time to personalize your channel for your needs. So once you select the Customize Channel option, you’ll be given these options:
- Channel icon – This option is one of the key identifiers of your channel, so if you’re making this for a brand, we recommend sticking with the logo to it’s easily recognizable for YouTube users
- Channel art – It’s your chance to make an impression on the people visiting your channel. Use this space wisely to create a brand identity, or promote upcoming content, or simply to highlight your other social media channels
It’s time for the final step! Click the About button and fill out the channel’s Description, Location, Email, and Links to your other social media platforms. This information should be readily available for people to get in touch with you and learn more about your brand
Now you’re all done, so you can start your YouTube channel! While we know that it can seem intimidating to start a channel of your own, remember that with our help, it doesn’t have to be. Videos have proven their return on investment multiple times over, and they’re a natural fit in any marketing or branding strategy. And when you’re ready to start creating video content, reach out to us at email@example.com!